Today is Earth Day, and you can join the celebration at Downtown Disney. Today, April 22, 2012, from noon to 5pm, you and your family can enjoy free activities, demonstrations and music. Some of the attendees include the USA Volleyball trainers, the First Tee of Los Angeles, The Coastal Conservation Network, the Orange County Coastkeeper and more.
Here is a list of activities from the Disney Parks Blog
- USA Volleyball – The pros who train Olympians will demonstrate how the sport is played and pull youngsters into the fun.
- Next Level Sports – Future athletes can shoot hoops and participate in kickball games.
- The First Tee of Los Angeles – Budding golfers will get pointers on how to hit the links with a perfect swing.
- Orange County Coastkeeper and The Coastal Conservation Network will share what it takes to keep our coastline and beaches safe for our wildlife.
- Sun Safe Tee will be on hand to educate sun-seekers about proper sun protection.
- DJ Wendy will be spinning tunes and hosting conservation trivia for chances to win ESPN Zone game cards.
Parking in the Downtown Disney parking lot is free from the first three hours, and you can receive an additional two hours with validation from a Downtown Disney store, restaurant or the AMC Theater.